Universidade de São Paulo offers various cultural options for its students and also for the community. It maintains several museums and most of them have free entrance. The University City (Cidade Universitária) houses the Museum of Contemporary Art (MAC – Museu de Arte Contemporânea) and the Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology (MAE – Museu de Arqueologia e Etnologia). Inside the campus you will also find Cinusp “Paulo Emílio” with free movie sessions from Mondays to Fridays, often followed by debates and seminars with professors and directors.
Around the city of São Paulo, there are other cultural options provided by USP, such as Paulista Museum (MP – Museu Paulista), the Museum of Zoology (MZ – Museu de Zoologia), the Science Station (Estação Ciência) and “Maria Antônia” University Center (Centro Universitário Maria Antônia), all of them providing students with a rich diversity of leisure and cultural options.
For more information about these and other leisure options, please visit the Pro-Rectory of Culture and Extension website: http://www.usp.br/prc.
- Center of Scientific and Cultural Diffusion (CDCC)
- Center of Cultural Preservation (CPC) / House of Dona Yayá
- “Maria Antonia” University Center
- Science Station
- Museum of Human Anatomy
- Museum of Veterinary Anatomy
- Museum of Archeology and Ethnology
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Science Museum
- Geosciences Museum
- Paulista Museum
- Oceanography Museum
- Zoology Museum
- Itu Convention Republican Museum
- Cientec Park
- Ruins of the São Jorge dos Erasmos Mill